A lot of people worry so much about the future and get so anxious about what will be. People are busy running around, trying to sort out the present so that their future will be better. So, what really is the future?
Wikipedia defines the future as: what will happen in the time after the present. Its arrival is considered inevitable due to the existence of time and the laws of physics. Due to the apparent nature of reality and the unavoidability of the future, everything that currently exists and will exist can be categorized as either permanent, meaning that it will exist forever, or temporary, meaning that it will end.
This is, perhaps, the reason why many are restless because they know that it will inevitably come due to time. A lot of people fail to enjoy the present moment while trying to build the unknown future. And some, those who just can’t let go, dwell on the past so much that it messes up both their present and their future.
To enjoy life to its fullest, we should always be hopeful and optimistic and not try to figure out life. In the book ‘Letters and Papers from Prison’, Dietrich Bonhoeffer says, “The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a man to hold his head high, to claim the future for himself and not to abandon it to his enemy.”
In simpler terms, it means that we must always be hopeful and look forward to a brighter future. That way, it allows us to enjoy the now and to never give up, no matter what it looks like now. Below are 21 inspiring quotes about the future. Let these give you hope and renew your spirit.
1. Past never defines future “Your past never defines your future.”
2. Do something today “Do something today that your future will thank you for.”
3. Future depends on the present “The future depends on what we do in the present.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
4. Future belongs to believers “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
5. Your future can’t be better “Just because the past didn’t turn out like you wanted it to doesn’t mean your future can’t be better than you imagined.”
6. We create the future “The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.”
7. Prepare for the future “Cleaning out the past, packing up the present and preparing for a much better future!”
8. Apply lessons to the future “The past is where you learned the lesson. The future is where you apply the lesson”
9. Face the future without fear “Accept your past without regrets, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear”
10. The reality of the future “May the dreams of your past be the reality of your future”
11. Future is bright “Your future is as bright as your faith”
12. Future started yesterday “The future started yesterday, and we’re already late” (John Legend)
13. Don’t worry about the past “Don’t worry about people in your past. There is a reason they didn’t make it to your future”
14. Create your future “The best way to predict your future is to create it” (Abraham Lincoln)
15. Future comes slowly “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time” (Dean Acheson)
16. Breathe in the future “Breathe in the future. Breathe out the past”
17. Unfold the future “If we could unfold the future, the present would be our greatest care.” (Edward Counsel)
18. Dear future “Dear past, thanks for all the lessons. Dear future, I’m ready…”
19. Future is now “The future is now” (Nam June Paik)
20. A better future is yours “Be brave to let go of the past. And fight for the present that you deserve. A better future is always yours.”
21. The future is ahead “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.”